Dogs available for adoption
Dogs currently in rescue
* these dogs are not quite available yet, but will be soon
Frequently Asked Questions
How does your adoption process work?
1. When you see a dog that you think would be a perfect fit for your family we ask that you first fill out an adoption application here.
2. The application will be sent to the foster parent and if they feel it's a good match they will be in touch with you to set up a time for you to meet the dog. (*Please allow some time for them to get in contact with you. Sometimes we get a large number of applications to sort through.)
3. A meet and greet will be arranged between you and the foster parents. This is when you and any other family members, as well as current pets, will meet the dog and decide if they are the right fit for you.
4. If all goes well and you want to proceed with the adoption we will then check with all your personal and vet references. If you rent, please make sure to get permission from your landlord beforehand.
5. After references a home visit will be scheduled.
6. When all of that is done you are in the home stretch. We will then contact you to sent up an official adoption day where you will be able to take your new family member home with you.
Can't I just come to your shelter and see all the dogs in person all at once?
No, because we do not have a shelter or facility for you to visit. All dogs are in loving, private foster homes. All meetings must be set up through the rescue.
What are your adoption fees?
Puppies too young to be altered: $350, with a $100 refund once proof of spay or neuter is given.
*All puppies must be altered within 6 months of adoption.
Altered puppies/Adult dogs: $250
Senior dogs: $150
What vetting does my dog come with?
All dogs who are adopted from Ruff Life are seen by one of our veterinarians and are cleared with a clean bill of health (unless otherwise stated prior to adoption). They are up to date on all age appropriate shots, they are spayed/neutered, and they are microchipped. They are also up to date on flea/tick and heartworm prevention.